Guide: The 6 most common questions about troubleshooting on a dishwasher answered
We have gathered the most frequent questions in this article, where we hope to equip you better to solve any problems. And if that does not work, our support is, of course, more than ready to help you.
Having a dishwasher can to many people be completely natural – and something you don’t even think about – it has just become a habit. To others, it’s the wildest luxury and something to look forward to someday achieving. But with a dishwasher, a series of questions can arise from time to time.
We have gathered the most frequent in this article, where we hope to equip you better to solve any problems. And if that does not work, our support is, of course, more than ready to help you.
Q: Why is there still water in my dishwasher after washing up?
A: Sometimes you will experience water left over in the machine after a cycle. If you experience this problem, please check the following:
- Is the drain hose clogged or twisted?
- Are the filters clogged up?
- Is the programme not completely done?
Q: Why is my dishwasher stopping in the middle of a cycle?
A: You can come across your dishwasher stopping in the middle of a cycle. This can be caused by a lot of things. You should therefore check the following:
- Is there perhaps a power failure?
- Is it a question of a water supply error?
- Is the programme on standby?
Q: Why are loud tapping noises coming from my dishwasher?
A: If you experience tapping noises during your dishwasher's cycle you should check whether:
- The tableware is placed wrongly
- The spray arm is hitting the tableware
Q: Why is my tableware not clean after a cycle?
A: Sometimes you will find leftovers on the tableware that has just been washed in the dishwasher. A lot of things may cause this. We have gathered some of the most typical reasons on this list:
- The tableware is wrongly placed in the machine – making it impossible for the water being sprayed to reach the places needed.
- The basket is overloaded – if you were being a bit too optimistic about what can be squeezed in the dishwasher.
- The plates are leaning against each other so the water can’t clean the whole surface.
- Not enough detergent has been added.
- The wrong, relatively weak washing programme has been chosen.
- The spray arm or the filters have been clogged up with waste food. Learn how to clean them here
- The filters have been assembled wrong.
- The drain hose is clogged up. Learn how to clean it here
Q: Why are there whitish stains on my tableware after being in the dishwasher?
A: If you experience whitish or white stains on your tableware it can be because of many reasons. That’s why we recommend checking the following:
- If a too-small amount of detergent has been used.
- If the rinse agent dose is adjusted to a very low level.
- If special salts are not used despite the high water hardness.
- If the water softening system setting is at a very low level.
- If the salt container cap is not completely closed.
Q: Why is my tableware not dry after a cycle in the dishwasher?
A: If you notice that your tableware is not dry after running a cycle in the dishwasher you need to check whether you:
- choose a programme without drying.
- The dose of detergent is too low.
- The tableware is being removed too quickly.
Was this not helpful? Then contact us
This applies to all the questions above but also if you have a different question. Contact our service department if the problems persist after checking the points under the relevant question.
Do you need a new dishwasher? Take a look at our models from Vestfrost here.